To get patients engaged and booking online with your practice, HealthEngine provides you with the ability to install our Online Booking System on your website.
This empowers patients to book their healthcare appointments with your practice via your practice website and in the process, it reduces the work load on your admin team, allowing them more time for patient and practice care.
Below is an overview of how to get started and add the web plugin for your HealthEngine Online Booking System (OBS) to your practice website.
- Getting your web plugin HTML script from PracticeAdmin
- Additional Notes
To get your Online Booking System set up on your website, start by visiting Practice Admin. You can log into your Practice Admin portal here.
If you have forgotten your login details, simply click ‘Forgot your password?’ and follow the prompts to reset your password.
Getting your web plugin HTML script from PracticeAdmin
- Once logged in, navigate to the ‘Bookings’ button on the left-hand navigation panel, and click on 'Website Plugin'
- From here, you will be able to select how you would like the Online Booking System to appear on your practice website. The first step is to decide whether you'd like patients to select their appointment time first or their appointment type (reason) first.
Note: Whichever option you choose here affects your live plugin once it's installed on your website. For more information about these options and how to change between them, please click here.
- Select which 'Book Now' button option you would like to use for your website.
Note: that we recommend using one of the darker, navy-coloured buttons if adding it to a header or website with a light background and using one of the lighter blue coloured buttons for a header or webpage with a dark background.
- Selecting your preferred button generates an HTML code under section 3) Send this code to your web developer
- If you are confident in working with HTML code, you can then paste this code into the relevant area of your website - either into the header of each web page, or into the sidebar on your website editor.
Note: As there are thousands of different website editors available, we are unable to advise you on exactly where to place the code on your website. However, you can consult with your website developer/s or IT contact/s for assistance with this.
I’ve added the HTML for the Web Plugin to my website, but it’s showing as ‘web plugin disabled’
The web plugin script functionality only works on a live website.
- It will show as ‘web plugin disabled’ if you’re viewing it in a test environment or through the website settings/ backend
- You’ll need to make the changes live to view the web plugin functionality
- Once making the change live, you should be able to view the Book Now button and, pending your availability, be able to start booking appointments online
I use WordPress for my website and it desn't allow for HTML code
- A step by step guide on how to install the OBS Web Plugin using your WordPress website can be found here
- We also have a booking URL that compatible for WordPress websites:
- You just need to replace the XXXXX with your HealthEngine practice ID
- You can find your HealthEngine practice ID by logging into Practice Admin: It's the numerical ID at the end of the website URL: https://healthengine.com.au/appointment/admin/XXXXX/
- Instructions on how to add online bookings using a booking URL can be found here
If you are not confident in working with HTML code, please seek advice from your website developer/s or IT contact/s. We recommend not attempting to place the code into your website yourself if you are not trained in using HTML, as putting the code in the wrong place can break your website. If you do decide to make the changes yourself, please ensure that you keep track of any changes made so that you can reverse them if anything should go wrong.
HealthEngine also provides options for adding the Online Booking System to your Facebook page. You can access the instructions for this by clicking on the ‘Your Facebook Page’ tab just above the ‘Book Now’ button selector (see image below).
For more information on how to set up the Online Booking System on your Facebook page, please click here.