About this article
Sidebar is an appointment booking solution unique to HealthEngine. It is used in conjunction with your practice management software, allowing you to create and receive online bookings via HealthEngine.com.au.
This user guide includes details on how to:
- Refresh and logout
- Browse availability
- Create availability
- Remove availability
- Receive a booking
- Receive a cancellation
- Manage availability from Practice Admin
You can download the sidebar from our downloads page here.
Launch the Sidebar program and login with your HealthEngine email address and password. The same login details you use for your practice admin portal.
Refresh and logout
You can refresh Sidebar at any time; simply click on the refresh button indicated below. This will update your sidebar with any new practitioners you may have added in your practice admin portal since initially downloading the sidebar.
To logout, right click anywhere on the sidebar and select logout. It is recommended you leave the sidebar logged in at all times, however you may need to logout if you manage multiple practices.
Browsing the availability schedule allows you to see the available times you have set up in the system for patients to book.
- You can browse availability by day (today or tomorrow) or by week.
- You can also filter the availability to view by 'Specialty', 'Practitioner', and 'All Appointments' availability.
To create a new available time slot:
- Click on 'Create Availability' and specify the following (using drop-down
- Appointment length (this is also known as the slot length in your own PMS - you want all the appointment types you have created in your practice admin portal to be divisible by this number. If you have an appointment type set as 30 minutes and your availability is in 15 minute slots it will take two of those slots for the 30 minute appointment.)
- Practitioner (if applicable). If no practitioner is selected the appointment will be created on a practice level and only appear on your practice profiles, not practitioner profiles.
- Speciality (if applicable)
- Date and Time
- Click 'create' to finalise
- Click 'back' when finished.
You can also create a block of availability, i.e. a full day of 30 minute slots.
To create a block, you must tick the 'Create Block' checkbox and specify a start and end date. Sidebar will display the number of slots within the block. Remember to click 'Create' to finalise the block and 'Back' when finished.
- Find the available time you wish to remove.
- Click on the x next to the time, wait a moment, and the time will disappear from the Sidebar screen. It will also disappear from the HealthEngine website.
When an appointment is booked over the phone or in person, click on the that available time in the Sidebar to ensure it is removed from the HealthEngine website too. This will help you avoid any double bookings.
Receiving a booking made on HealthEngine
When an appointment notification appears:
- Click on the green box.
- Enter patient details into your appointment book.
- Click 'mark as complete' when you're done.
- It's important that you move any booked appointments over into your PMS appointment book first thing in the morning before you start taking calls and booking in further patients. This will help avoid any double bookings.
Receiving a cancellation of one of your HealthEngine bookings
If a patient cancels an appointment they have booked through HealthEngine, you will receive a notification on your sidebar. Click the arrow to see the patients details and then remove that availability from your own appointment book so the time is free for someone else to book.
If you wish to republish that same appointment time online for someone else to book in, you can press the Republish Appointment button and that available time will reappear on your sidebar automatically, ready for someone else to book.
Manage availability from Practice Admin
In the Practice Admin, you can complete similar functions as in Sidebar itself, such as creating and deleting appointments. To access your Practice Admin, click on the HealthEngine logo. You can also go straight to the manage availability page within practice admin by clicking on the Advanced Availability button in the create availability screen.
Multi Location Practices
If you have your practice admin login linked to multiple practice locations, you will also see a location drop down menu that allows you to move between your different locations to publish or remove availability as needed. Please note that the different locations are identified by the suburb of the practice, not the practice name.