How do I configure my payment settings?
Navigate to Products > Scripts > Payment configuration.
- Enter your practice’s business name, address and ABN or ACN details.
- Enter your practice’s bank account details.
- Enter your ‘responsible individual’ details – the person who manages your practice bank account.
- Upload photo ID for ‘responsible individual’ to verify your account – use a passport or driver’s license.
- Review and accept the relevant Healthengine and Stripe legal agreements.
Why do I need to verify my account?
Healthengine Scripts uses leading payment platform Stripe to process secure payments for online scripts on your behalf. To receive direct payments, your practice will need to create and verify an account with Stripe. This is necessary to comply with ‘Know your Customer’ (KYC) financial regulations in Australia, which require payment providers such as Stripe to collect and maintain information on all account holders. You only need to do this once and it ensures funds are released to you on a consistent and reliable basis.
Why do I need a ‘Responsible Individual’?
Australia has strict laws when it comes to paying out funds to individuals and companies. These are typically known as “Know Your Customer” (KYC) regulations.
“Know Your Customer” (KYC) obligations require our payment provider (Stripe) to collect and maintain information on all account holders. These requirements come from Stripe's regulators and financial partners, and are intended to prevent abuse of the financial system.
We need to collect details on:
- The individual creating the Stripe account
- The business associated with the Stripe account
- Any individuals who ultimately own or control that business
If you’d like to learn more about this legislation, click here.
How long does it take to get verified?
Our payments partner, Stripe, is responsible for verifying your details. The turnaround time is usually one day, but it can take up to 48 hours to be verified during busy periods.
Why does my verification keep failing?
Verification for practices is managed by our Payments provider Stripe. Failing verification the first time isn’t uncommon or anything to worry about so here are the most common reasons verification fails.
1) Check that the detail you entered are correct. The details you have entered about the responsible individual do not match the ID document which you uploaded. These must match exactly as Stripe will scan the document you uploaded and verify the first name, last name and date of birth.
2) Check that you selected the right document type. Stripe allows you to upload either a Driver’s license, Government issued ID such as a firearm license or a Passport. Ensure you select the correct tab in Practice Admin as the ID types have different requirements. Passports only require a single image to be uploaded but Driver’s licenses require both the front and back of the license to be uploaded separately.
3) Check the image quality. Ensure that the photo of your ID is readable. Stripe uses machine learning to scan your ID. See below on how to ensure your image is of a high enough quality. Photos must be:
- In colour
- In PNG or JPG format and
- be less than 5mb in size
- lying flat, on a plain white background