Waiting Room is a feature that notifies patients of their place in queue, after they have been checked-in by the front desk.
How does Waiting Room work?
When you activate Waiting Room, it will be available to patients who have booked an appointment at your practice using HealthEngine.
When patients arrive and are marked as ‘Checked In’ in your Practice Management Software, HealthEngine sends an SMS or App notification to welcome the patient to the practice with a link to follow their live place in the queue.
If the patient clicks the link, they can see how many patients are ahead of them to see their doctor, until their appointment is over.
Who is eligible for Waiting Room?
Waiting Room is part of our Patient360 bundles (both Essentials and Premium). However to be eligible to activate Waiting Room, your practice must be actively using our Online Booking System or Patient Connect (i.e. have a running Appointment Connector), and be using either Best Practice and MD Pracsoft PMS’.
How do I activate Waiting Room?
Waiting Room can be self-activated in Practice Admin. Below is an overview of the basic steps required to activate Waiting Room for your practice today!
- Log into Practice Admin
- Waiting Room can be found under the 'Bookings' tab on the left hand side of Practice Admin
- You will see our Waiting Room landing page. Click 'Activate Waiting Room' to start the self serve process
- You will start with a summary page. This will outline what HealthEngine will do once this feature is setup and active. You will also see the estimate time it takes to complete the self serve process.
- When ready, click 'Let's go'
- You will need to provide consent to activate Waiting Room. This page will provide you with additional information relevant to the services prior to activation.
- Once you have read and understood the important information, please provide your full name and tick the authorisation check box. Clicking 'Activate' means that you authorise the activation of the service on behalf of your practice.
- You will be provided with a confirmation that Waiting Room is setup. This page will also show you an overview of your active HealthEngine features and/or services.