HealthEngine Communicate Acceptable Use Policy
(Last updated: 12/08/2020)
This Acceptable Use Policy informs the ways in which HealthEngine Communicate must be used by practice customers. The following list is provided by way of example and should not be considered exhaustive. Any breach of these guidelines may result in the termination of the HealthEngine Communicate service provided to your practice.
To deliver the HealthEngine Communicate service to your practice, HealthEngine stores the mobile phone numbers which you upload to Practice Admin in a CSV. No other identifying information or medical information is stored by HealthEngine in this process. The communication is practice branded and sent to all patients as selected by you regardless of whether they have booked online with HealthEngine or not.
- Only SMS patients who have provided their consent to receiving SMS messages from your practice.
- Respect and immediately cease messaging patients who have opted out of receiving messages (HealthEngine provides a functional opt-out facility which will automatically prevent you from sending Communicate messages to patients who have opted out).
- Only use HealthEngine Communicate to communicate the services your practice offers for reasons that are beneficial to your patients and help patients make informed choices.
- Use HealthEngine Communicate in a way which is compliant with Australian law including but not limited to the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Australian Consumer Law and the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law.
You must NOT:
- Send messages via HealthEngine Communicate to anyone who:
- is not currently a patient of your practice;
- has not attended the practice within the last three years;
- has never been a patient of your practice;
- has opted out of receiving electronic messages from your practice.
- Send messages outside of standard business hours.
- Send messages which may compromise a patient’s health care choices or are not in the interest of the patient.
- Send messages that may lead to the patient acquiring or undergoing a health service that they may not need.
- Use HealthEngine Communicate in a way that is intrusive or can be perceived as harassment, such as sending multiple messages to the same patient(s) on a daily or weekly basis.
- Send messages via HealthEngine Communicate to obtain patients' consent to receive direct marketing messages from your practice.
- Send messages which contain Personal Information or Sensitive Information, as those terms are defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Use HealthEngine Communicate in an unethical or coercive manner.
- Use HealthEngine Communicate to market the products and services of another business.
- Transmit any material that is libelous, defamatory, discriminatory or otherwise malicious or harmful to any person or entity.