HealthEngine reads from a two different places in Zedmed in order to determine what recalls to display in the Healthengine Recalls Interface. These include:
- Within the patient record:
- Items in the ‘Recalls’ section - under the 'Reference View' pane in the Patient Record
- Items in the ‘Results’ tab - under the 'Summary Views' pane in the Patient Record
- Items in the 'Incoming Documents' tab - under the 'Summary Views' pane in the Patient Record
- Outside of the patient record:
- Items in the ‘Management' > 'Reports’ > 'Recalls' menu
- Items in the ‘Clinical' > 'Results Inbox’ menu - this can be accessed from the navigation bar along the top of the Clinical screen
Items that appear in the ‘Recalls’ menu of a patient's record will also appear in the ‘Management’ > ‘Reports’ > 'Recalls' menu. Additionally, items that appear in the 'Results' tab in the Patient Record will appear in the 'Clinical' > 'Results Inbox' section.
Please Note: Although there is some crossover between the patient file items and searchable items that the Healthengine system reads, each item will only appear in our system once.
Where does HealthEngine read the ‘Recall Due’ date from?
Recall Due dates can be read from various locations in your Zedmed depending on the type of recall.
- 'Recall' type recalls - the 'Maturity Date' in Zedmed is what Healthengine Recalls reads as the 'Recall Due' date.
- 'Result' type recalls - the 'Result Collected Date' in Zedmed is what Healthengine Recalls reads as the 'Recall Due' date.
Where does HealthEngine read the Recall ‘Urgency’ from?
For 'Recall' type recalls, there is no urgency for HealthEngine Recalls to translate; in these cases, the 'Urgency' field in Healthengine Recalls will appear as a dash '-' symbol.
For 'Result' type recalls, the 'Urgency' is read as the 'Priority' that appears in the 'Results Inbox' menu. If the 'Assigned To' field has a value in the 'Results Inbox' view, the urgency will appear in Healthengine Recalls for example as "Routine - Assigned to Dr James Jekyll" or "Urgent - Assigned to role Nurse".
Where does HealthEngine read the Recall ‘Type’ from?
Recall Types can be read from various locations in your Zedmed.
- For 'Recall' type recalls - HealthEngine reads the 'Description' as the recall 'Type'.
- For 'Result' type recalls - HealthEngine reads the 'Result Description' in the 'Results Inbox' or the 'Document Name' in the 'Results' tab in the Patient Record as the recall 'Type'.
What does Healthengine Recalls consider a ‘closed’ recall?
The Healthengine Recalls system considers any recall that has been marked as 'Complete' in Zedmed as closed and thus these recalls will not appear in our system.
Other reasons that Healthengine Recalls considers a recall as closed is when the patient is marked as 'Inactive' or 'Deceased' in their patient record, or if the recall has been deleted.
Adding Notes in Zedmed
When a recall is processed through HealthEngine Recalls, the system puts audit notes against the patient record in Zedmed. These are recorded in the 'History View' panel of the patient record, as seen in the image below:
Please Note: The 'Audit' feature must be active for these notes to show. You can hide the notes by clicking the 'Audit' button to switch off the feature.
Please Note: If your recall note is not appearing in the above section, select 'Search History' next to the 'History View' icon and refresh the History View to show the most recent information; your recall note will now appear here.
All actions completed within the HealthEngine Recalls system will be recorded here, including changes to the recall status and whether the patient was able to successfully verify their details and view the message for SMS recalls.
Please Note: All notes recorded in Zedmed by the HealthEngine Recalls system will begin with 'HE - '. This is to signify that the note was added by our system to make it easy to distinguish between these notes and any notes recorded in Zedmed by your practice.
If you have any questions that are not answered in this article please reach out to our friendly Customer Support Team via phone, chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org