Our new integration with Dental4Windows is now the official way to connect your D4W Practice Management Software to the Healthengine Network.
Benefits of the integration for your practice?
- Save time and effort: We’ll make your life easier, removing the need for manual appointment publishing to the HealthEngine Network with a digital solution that frees up your front-desk.
- More patients: Automatically publish your available appointments across the Healthengine Network, as with more and more patients now searching actively for dentists open in their area, it's important that your practice is visible to them across the Network.
- Peace of mind: Rest easy knowing two of your key solution providers are working in partnership to ensure the best experience possible for your practice and patients.
- Maintenance: Cohesive support from both Centaur (D4W) and Healthengine to resolve any reported issues or bugs.
- Security: New integration has superior security measures, including protection against malicious attacks and malware
How does it work?
- We connect to your Centaur E-Appointments via API, meaning we do not require access to any server computers, and there is no software to install. This eliminates issues that can arise from hardware or server connections.
- You can adjust what availability is shown online directly from D4W. There are three options to choose from, Free time only (the blank slots in your appointment diary), Preset slots only (where you need to manually create slots that publish online), or both.
- You can select which doctors books will be available to connect in Healthengine directly from D4W, as well as how far in advance you want your availability to publish (max 90 days) and how quickly our two systems communicate (please set this to 1 minute for optimal performance)
- Allocate appointment types to each practitioner in your Centaur e-appointments portal and set the length required for each type.
- In your Healthengine portal, you then link up your Healthengine appointment types to those you created in your Centaur portal, and match the length to what is set in your Centaur portal for each of the different appointment types you have added.
- When a patient chooses one of those appointment types online, the integration will automatically insert the appointment into your D4W diary, and allocate the required length. It’s that easy!
- The integration does not support online cancellations, so if a patient needs to cancel or reschedule their appointment, they will call you to do so. You can then remove the appointment from your D4W diary to redisplay the appointment time for another patient to fill.
For further information and troubleshooting steps should you make any changes that affect the integration, please see our troubleshooting article.