Healthengine's Covid Vaccine Product Features
Healthengine is working with HealthDirect and the Department of Health to support the national rollout of COVID-19 vaccines and support the National Booking System via the National Health Services Directory (NHSD).
This means practices offering COVID vaccines will meet the requirements of the National Booking System and be featured on the NHSD with Book Now buttons and appointment times.
Patients will also be able to view and book vaccine appointments via Healthengine.com.au, the Healthengine Apps, and via your practice website if you have our OBS product.
To support the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine, the below new features will be implemented for our GP practices to help support and manage the process starting with the Phase 1b rollout. Healthengine will start onboarding practices as of the 8th of March.
- Practices offering vaccines will be identified by a COVID vaccine tag for easy reference by patients when searching
- Vaccine booking eligibility checks based on the multi-phased rollout across Australia.
- The ability to schedule both a doctor and a nurse in a single vaccine appointment for practices with a multi-practitioner approach to vaccinations.
- Self-serve vaccine appointment management for practices to set appointment availability based on vaccine stock levels.
- Appointment reminders to minimise no-shows.
- Appointment recalls advising patients to receive their follow-up vaccine dose.
- Follow-up communications to patients providing up-to-date vaccine information and checking for adverse reactions
- The New Patient Forms product is also available to help practices streamline the admin process prior to a patient's appointment.
- Support and training materials for practice staff.
Further information and all supporting documents, training and materials will be provided closer to the Phase 1b launch date.