It's important to ensure you keep your notifications settings updated so that you are receiving booking details. See the information below to learn how to:
- Add an email
- Manage primary contact
- Remove an email
- Edit notifications
- Important information to consider
Adding an email for notifications
Please follow the steps below to add an email address to receive booking notifications to:
- Log into your portal and click on Settings.
- Click on Notifications.
- On the notifications screen, you can add, remove, or edit the emails you are using for your notifications, as well as which specific notifications each email address receives. To add an email address for notifications, simply click the 'add a recipient' button.
- You will then enter your details, starting with a contact name. The contact name can be the name of the individual, or if its a group email, the group name, eg. Reception, Support etc.
- Then type in the email address you would like to use.
- When you click add recipient you will see a green tick to acknowledge the recipient has been added successfully.
How do I change my primary contact?
You will notice in your notifications that there is a gold star next to one of your email addresses, this is your primary contact. There must always be a primary contact email address, so you will notice that you cannot delete this email address without first selecting a new primary email contact.
To change the primary email address, simply click the star outline next to one of your other email addresses. If you don't have any other email addresses listed, add one first and then you will be able to change the primary contact.
You will be asked to confirm your change before you proceed.
How do I stop receiving notifications to an email address?
To remove an email address from receiving notifications, simply press the trash can next to the email address. You will not be able to remove the email address if it is the primary contact, so see above if you need to change your primary contact first.
Can I turn off certain notifications?
Yes. You can completely customise which notifications go to which email addresses. To edit the notifications received for each email, simply press the little pencil next to the email address to change to the edit mode.
You will then be able to edit the name for the email address, along with which notifications are received. To switch on or off any particular notification, just use the toggles. Green means it is active and red means it is not.
I am missing notifications as they are going into the promotions or social folder in Gmail
If you are using a gmail account for your notifications you might find they are going straight to your promotions or social folders and this can sometimes mean you miss the notification or don't get your usual alerts that you get when an email arrives in your inbox. To resolve this, find one of the HealthEngine emails and drag the email to your inbox. A popup will ask if you want all HealthEngine emails to go to the inbox, click yes. This will then mean future HealthEngine emails will be delivered to your inbox instead.