This article provides information on some of the most commonly asked questions regarding our New Patient Forms integration feature and how it updates your Practice Management Software (PMS).
How long does it take the New Patient Form to attach and update the patient record in my PMS?
It will take 10 minutes from the time the patient submits their completed New Patient Form for this to attach to and update the patient record in your Practice Management Software.
To find out where to find these New Patient Forms in your PMS, check out our Help Centre article, About the New Patient Forms Integrations.
What information does Healthengine match with to auto-populate fields from the New Patient Form into the patient record of my PMS?
When a new patient form is submitted, we at Healthengine, conduct a 100-point identity match with the personal details provided on the New Patient Form and the personal details in the existing patient record in your PMS to ensure that we're updating the correct patient record:
- Patient's First name** [30 points]
- Patient's Last name [20 points]
- Patient's Date of birth** [50 points]
- Patient's Email [70 points]
- Patient's Mobile number [70 points]
- Patient's Home number [70 points]
- If mobile and home phone match, only one weighting is added to the total that is compared against the minimum threshold.
- Patient's Medicare number - with IRN** [90 points]
- Patient's Medicare number - without IRN [90 points]
- Patient's Pension number** [90 points]
- Patient's Health care card number** [90 points]
- Patient's Veteran number** [90 points]
- e.g. we can verify a 100-point match with a patient's first name and medicare card number if these details match what's on the New Patient Form and what's on the patient record in your PMS.
Why don't all the fields on the New Patient Form auto-update the patient record fields of my PMS?
Due to Practice Management Software limitations, some fields are not able to be populated - however, we are continuously working closely with our PMS vendors to ensure that we are populating as much information as we can from the completed New Patient Form into the patient record.
Why didn't the fields from the New Patient Form auto-populate into the patient record on my PMS?
Some of the common reasons why the patient details from the New Patient Form didn't update the patient record in your Practice Management Software are:
- The information the patient has provided on the booking form differs from the information they've provided on their New Patient Form
- The patient details on the New Patient Form differ from what's listed in the patient record: E.g. spelling or grammatical differences.
- We find a matching patient record in your Practice Management Software but we are unable to meet the 100-point identity match from the details provided on the New Patient Form and the personal details provided in the patient record
What happens if the patient submits multiple New Patient Forms for the same booking?
We insert the most recently submitted New Patient Form into your Practice Management Software; this is also one of the reasons why we wait for 10 minutes before updating the patient record with the submitted New Patient Form.
Why aren't my off-platform New Patient Form submissions being integrated?
Your off-platform New Patient Forms, for non-Healthengine bookings, will integrate into your PMS if you meet the following criteria:
- You use an eligible PMS of Best Practice, Medical Director/Pracsoft or ZedMed
- Your practice's Location settings have been set up in Practice Admin:
- Your Appointment Connector is on version 22.214.171.124 or above
We would recommend checking your Location settings first. You can access your 'Location settings' page in 2 ways:
- via the 'Location settings', under the Account section in Practice Admin, or
- via the 'Location settings' link in the off-platform forms page under the Forms section in Practice Admin
If you have any questions that are not answered in this article please reach out to our friendly Customer Support Team via phone, chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org