This article provides information on some of the most commonly asked questions relating to our New Patient Forms integrated feature and how it updates your Practice Management Software.
How long does it take the New Patient Form to attach to the patient record and update the patient record in my Practice Management Software (PMS)?
- It takes 10-minutes from the time the patient submits their completed New Patient Form.
Why is it when a New Patient Form comes in, it updates more fields in a NEW patient record than it does in an EXISTING patient record in my PMS?
- The below key fields need to be an exact match (except the Medicare field, which can be empty
in the patient record, in this case, it will automatically match Medicare field)
- Patient's First Name
- Patient's Last Name
- Patient's Date of Birth
- Patient's Mobile Number
- Patient's Suburb of their Home Address
- Patient's Postcode of their Home Address
- Patient's Medicare Number
What fields should auto-update into the patient record?
- First Name
- Last Name
- Preferred Name
- Date of Birth
- Medicare card
- Address Line 1
- Mobile Phone / WorkPhone / Home Phone
- Email Address
- Pension Card or HCC: we can only insert one of these 2x fields
- Emergency Contact
- Next of Kin
- Marital Status**
**The Marital and Occupation fields will only auto-update to the patient file if the practice is on the latest version of Best Practice Saffron and the Best Practice drug update: Permissions in Best Practice Jade prevents these fields from auto-populating.
How come not all of the relevant fields of the New Patient Form updated my patient record in my Practice Management Software?
- Some of the common reasons why the patient details from the New Patient Form didn't update the patient record in your Practice Management Software are:
- The information the patient has provided on the booking form differs from the information they've provided on their New Patient Form
- The patient details on the New Patient Form differ from what's listed in the patient record: E.g. spelling or grammatical differences; this integration is case sensitive.
- We find a matching patient record in your Practice Management Software and at least 6 of the key fields that require an exact match, do not match the details provided on the New Patient Form.
What happens if the patient submits multiple New Patient Forms for the same booking?
- We insert the most recently submitted New Patient Form into your Practice Management Software; this is also one of the reasons why we wait for 10-minutes before updating the patient record with the submitted New Patient Form.