To add, edit, or delete a practitioner to your account, navigate to the 'Settings' menu on the left-hand side and select 'Manage Practitioners' from the menu.
How to add a practitioner
To add a practitioner, click on the 'Add practitioner' button at the top-right of the page.
This will bring up a form in which you can enter the new practitioner's title, first name, last name, and specialty. (Please note that you will only see specialties you are contracted for - If you want to add another specialty you are not contracted for you will need to contact us first.)
When you select a specialty, another box may appear for you to fill in the AHPRA number of the practitioner (this only appears for AHPRA-supported specialties). If this happens, you will need to fill in the AHPRA number; you can search in AHPRA's directory for the relevant number by clicking on the link provided.
If you have a bookings product with HealthEngine, you can also choose whether this practitioner should be available for online appointments (note: to make a practitioner available for online appointments at a later stage, you will need to contact HealthEngine Support).
If your practice is single-location and integrated with HealthEngine, you can also choose which appointment book this practitioner should connect to in your Practice Management System (PMS). Please note that you will need to have your practitioner set up in your PMS with an appointment schedule or sessions before you will see them in this list.
Once you are ready, click 'Add practitioner'. Note that this will create a public profile for the practitioner which will appear on your main practice profile on HealthEngine.
You will see the new practitioner added at the top of the table with a prompt to finish filling in their profile.
Click on 'Edit profile' to do this. When you do, you will see various additional options for completing the practitioner's profile, including photo, gender, qualifications, specialties, languages, and more.
The completion of these fields are optional and you can come back to edit these settings at any time.
- If you have linked the new practitioner to an appointment book in your PMS, appointments can take between 1-2 hours to publish online.
- If you do not have the option to link an appointment book in your PMS, appointments will take up to 1-2 business days to publish.
- HealthEngine defaults to not accepting public holidays. If you have the option to link an appointment book in your PMS, you can enable or disable public holidays for individual practitioners through your Practice Admin account by following the instructions on our 'Managing Your Public Holiday Hours' article here.
- If your practice is open on public holidays and you do not have the option to link to an appointment book in your PMS, please ensure you notify our Customer Support Team that you would like the new practitioner enabled for public holidays by emailing email@example.com.
- Practitioner overviews are not currently a self-serve feature. If you would like to add, edit, or remove a practitioner's overview, please email the change request through to our Customer Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to remove a practitioner
To remove a practitioner from your account, simply click on the bin icon to the right of the practitioner's name from the list of practitioners on the main 'Manage Practitioners' screen.
When clicking on the delete icon, you will be asked to confirm the action.
Once you click 'Delete', you should see the practitioner removed from the table. If you click 'Go back', the deletion will be cancelled and nothing will happen.
How to re-order your practitioners
You can also use the 'Manage Practitioners' page to change the order of your practitioner profiles as they appear on your main practice profile.
To do this, simply click and hold on the grab icon to the left of the practitioner you wish to move and drag them to where you wish them to sit in the list. A blue line will show you where the practitioner will be moved to when you release the mouse button.
If you need assistance with these features, please contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com.