Our video tutorial will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to add, edit and remove appointment types. The tutorial can be found in our Help Centre here.
Alternatively, below is a step by step guide.
To add and edit your appointment types and lengths, please log into your Practice Admin portal and follow the below instructions:
- Go to the 'Settings' tab at the bottom left-hand menu of your portal
- Select 'Manage Practitioners'
- Click on the 'edit appointment types button' next to any practitioner and then on the appointment types page select the relevant practitioner's name.
- To add an appointment type:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the green 'Add Appointment Type' button on the right-hand side.
- Appointment Name: Add the Appointment Name to the free-text box. (Or if you are contracted for GP you will have a drop down with appointment type options to choose from)
- Available To: Select which patients you would like to make this appointment available to. E.g. All Patients, Existing Patients Only, or New Patients only.
- Appointment Length: The duration of this appointment. (If you are using sidebar, remember to publish your availability in lengths that your appointment types are divisible by in order to ensure compatibility with your appointment types)
- All Patients: This appointment length will apply to this appointment type for all users; both Existing Patients and New Patients.
- Existing Patients Only: This appointment length will apply to this appointment type which will only be available for users booking as an Existing Patient.
- New Patients Only: This appointment length will apply to this appointment type which will only be available for users booking as a New Patient.
- Alternatively, if you would like to offer the appointment type to both Existing Patients and New Patients but would like the appointment type to go in as different appointment lengths depending on whether they are a New Patient or an Existing Patient, you can select both 'New Patient' and 'Existing Patient' then specify the relevant appointment lengths.
- Select the blue 'Save All' button to save your progress.
Please ensure that any variation of appointment length is in multiples of your standard appointment length; If your standard appointment length is 15 minutes, you would look to do 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 60 minutes etc.
To remove an appointment type, just press the 'bin' icon under the 'Actions' category, to the right of the appointment type you wish to delete.
Linking appointment types
If you are using practice management software that is integrated with HealthEngine, you may also be able to link the appointment types you create here to the appointment types you use in your own PMS (practice management software). This means that if a patient books that appointment type online, it will enter into your appointment book as the appointment type in your PMS that you have linked.
Linking appointment types is necessary for the integration with SOE and D4W, however please note that this functionality is not compatible with all practice management software - check with our support team if you notice issues after linking your appointment types.